Catholic Rural Life is looking for a Communications Manager
Catholic Rural Life (CRL) is a national, Catholic nonprofit organization dedicated to the vitality of the American countryside. Since 1923 we have been applying the teachings of Jesus Christ for the social, economic, and spiritual development of rural America, strengthening and sustaining the Church in the countryside by educating and inspiring leaders and advocating on their behalf. Headquartered in St. Paul, Minn., CRL is a membership-based organization, comprised of dedicated bishops, laity, and religious who are joined in a common effort to serve the rural Church, rural people, and their communities. While the issues that affect rural communities have changed over the decades, CRL‘s commitment to the rural America has never wavered. Today, we advance our mission through three distinct but inter-related areas of impact:
- Ethical Food and Agriculture: Advocating and educating for a more just and sustainable food supply, from the farm to the kitchen table.
- Rural Ministry and Outreach: Revitalizing the spiritual, social, and economic well-being of America’s rural communities.
- Stewardship of Creation: Instilling a sense of wonder and responsibility for the natural world, now and for generations to come.
The Communications Manager is responsible for providing leadership and initiative in all areas of CRL communications.
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Manage all aspects of CRL’s quarterly magazine that reaches national audience.
- Manage website, social media platforms, and overall online communications.
- Manage public and media-relations efforts on behalf of the CRL.
- Support CRL programs and development efforts.
Experience and Qualification Requirements
A successful candidate for this position will have the following:
- Undergraduate or higher degree in communications, journalism, or relevant field experience.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- At least three years of successful communications experience.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- Proficiency in MS Windows-based software applications, desktop publishing software, and presentation applications.
The Communications Manager will report directly to the Executive Director of Catholic Rural Life. The office is located at the University of St. Thomas campus in St. Paul.
The position is a part-time position. The salary for this position will depend upon on experience. Catholic Rural Life offers a competitive benefits package.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to James Ennis, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail – UST Mail 4080, 2115 Summit Ave., St. Paul, MN 55105. No phone calls please.