“As Catholic Rural Life approaches 100 years of serving rural communities throughout the country, we have our sights set to continue making an even greater impact in the decades and century to come.”
For 100 years, the vision planted in Archbishop Edwin V. O’Hara’s heart to help Catholic rural life thrive continues to bear fruit. While rural America’s social, economic and religious struggles have changed over the last century, Catholic Rural Life’s (CRL) ministry remains vital.
In preparation of our 100th anniversary, CRL has created a five-year sustainability plan to support our mission. The Sowing Seeds of Faith and Growth Comprehensive Campaign will expand and enhance our two core initiatives – the Thrive in Rural Ministry program to help rural pastors thrive in their ministry, and Chapter programs to train and develop Catholic lay leaders to build, celebrate and promote Catholic community.
Sowing bountifully, we reap bountifully (2 Cor. 9:6).
- Train 400 additional priests through the Thriving in Rural Ministry Retreat program over the next five years.
- They will serve in over 1,000 parishes across rural America, reaching over 200,000 Catholics.
- Increase rural chapters to 60 nationwide. Achieving chapter expansion goals means
- Thousands more of America’s 10 million rural Catholics can work toward a common goal of a thriving Catholic life.
- Doubles program support of chapter-based educational and social programs and conferences.
- Increase program capacity by adding needed staff members over the next three years
Campaign Goal: $5 Million over next 5 years
Campaign Update: Our campaign is at $2,664,000 pledged from just 32 gifts!
Ways To Give
“Catholic Rural Life brings the spiritually of God, the interconnectedness of nature and animals beautifully orchestrated in a perfect and divine way. Like a piece of artwork, when you stop and look at it, you know this is from God, who creates beauty around us.”– Adam and Mary Barrett, Farmers, St. Isidore’s Farms
“Catholic Rural Life is a perfect merger of my faith and love of agriculture. I grew up farming and have spent my entire career in agribusiness, so I recognize how critical our rural priests and farm families are to our world. I want everyone to understand where their food comes from and our rural families to know they are appreciated and supported”.– Mike Etzel, COE, Cargill
Questions? Ready to give?
Make a pledge today! Contact CRL’s Director of Development, Kate Gapp for more information
or to make your pledge now. Your gift will make a great impact on rural Catholic life in our country!