Event on May 15, 2020
On May 15, we celebrate the Feast of St. Isidore the Farmer. In February 1947, St. Isidore was constituted as the special protector of American farmers and of Catholic Rural Life. It was said that two angels appeared and joined St. Isidore in his daily work plowing the fields. There are over 400 miracles attributed to his intercession.
Each year we join with hundreds across the country and pray a novena in his honor, beginning on May 7 and finishing on his feast, May 15. To join us in praying the novena, click here.
Other ideas to celebrate his feast day:
– Read a reflection on his life. Click here.
– Pray the Litany of St. Isidore. Click here. (download a PDF here)
– Give a gift in his honor to CRL. Click here.
– Arrange a blessing of seeds in your parish. Click here. (download a PDF here)
– Arrange a blessing for those who work the land. Click here. (download a PDF here)
Have you ever experienced an answered prayer as a result of his intercession? What are you or your community doing to celebrate his feast day? Let us know by contacting Annie Huntington.